Google chrome is one of the most used browsers around the world. Many users praise Google Chrome for its simple interface and the reliable service provided by Google Chrome. But the facts mentioned above don’t make Google Chrome free from faults. Many users keep on complaining about several issues related to Google Chrome. Recently, google chrome no sound issue was searched very often on most of the online forums. If you are one such user facing the same problem, this article is for you. Here, we will discuss all the possible solutions to this issue in detail. Go through this article carefully to get rid of your problem.
– Before going further, you should make sure that volume is not muted on your PC.
– You can also check whether the sound setting has been disabled for Google Chrome. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Firstly, Open Google Chrome and play a video/audio.
- Then, Right-click on the speaker icon from the task bar of your Windows.
- Choose the option Open Volume mixer from the context menu.
- Once you are in the volume mixer window, check whether the volume button is muted for Google Chrome or the volume is set too low for Google Chrome.
– Now that you have corrected these things and still facing the google chrome no sound error, go ahead and try the solutions mentioned below:
1. Update your Google Chrome to the latest version:
– Many bugs related to Google Chrome are fixed by updating Google Chrome to the latest version. If you have not updated your Chrome in a while then, you should do it to fix your google chrome no sound You can update the Google Chrome manually by following the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC and click on the Menu icon (a three-dot icon that is available at the top-right corner of the screen).
- In the list of options, if you see an option saying Update Google Chrome then, click on it and follow further instructions. Your Chrome will be updated. In case this option is not available on the list then, Google Chrome is up to date.
2. Clear Browsing data for your Google Chrome:
– Clearing the browsing data may solve most of the issues related to a browser. That is because when we use a browser, several data related to different sites that we have visited are saved in our browser. When any of those data is corrupted, you may face issues with that browser. Steps to do this are mentioned below:
- Click on the Menu icon and select More Tools then, click on option Clear Browsing Data.
- Set All time in the drop-down list to clear data and then click on the option Clear Data.
- After finishing this procedure, restart your PC and see whether you are getting the google chrome no sound problem.
3. Disable the extensions on Google Chrome:
– When you enable many extensions on your Google Chrome, you may encounter issues like google chrome no sound Here is the way you can disable the extensions on your Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC and click on the Menu
- Select the option More Tools from the list and then click on extensions.
- On the new window, you will find a list of all the extensions that you have enabled on your Chrome.
- Disable the extensions by clicking on the toggle button next to the extension.
4. Reset Google Chrome on your device:
– You can face issues with your google chrome if something goes wrong with the configuration of the chrome. That may be a reason behind your google chrome no sound You can fix this issue by resetting your chrome. We are mentioning the steps to do it:
- Open your Google Chrome and click on the Menu icon then, select Settings from the list of options.
- Click on the option Advanced Settings to expand it.
- From the new window, click on the option Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click on the reset option to finish this process.
5. Reinstall Google Chrome on your device:
– If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t work for you, you should reinstall the Google Chrome on your device. You can do it by uninstalling Chrome on your device and then reinstall it. Here is the guide to help you uninstall Google Chrome from your PC:
- Open Windows Settings and then click on Apps.
- Now, click on the option Apps & Features.
- A list of applications will appear on the screen, click on Google Chrome from that list, and click on Uninstall.
6. Scan your PC for malware and other such malicious software on your PC:
– The presence of malicious software may cause google chrome no sound This problem may be fixed by scanning your PC for malware and other malicious software. You can do it using the Windows Defender or any other third-party application.
In this article, we have mentioned many solutions to fix your google chrome no sound issue. You can contact us if any of these solutions didn’t work for you. You can contact us through our website or by calling us on our toll-free number. Our experts will talk to you and solve all your issues related to online media.